Feb 17, 2014

Transformation Is the Key To Clarity

I was thinking last night when I was trying to fall asleep, that it's so difficult, if not impossible to see something clearly, unless some sort of a transformation takes place. Whether that transformation is viewing a situation from another person's eyes, or getting better at your craft. Something has to give. When something becomes clear, comfort sets in.

Over the past five years or so, I have been following and creating and maintaining relationships with people over at Free People. I'm not sure how to entirely explain it, but I am so unbelievably comfortable in the Home Office. My anxiety vanishes, and I feel confident. I have never found anything aside from music that completely reflects who I am and how I hope to grow.

As an artist, there really is never a piece of work, I don't think, that describes or reflects me....part of that is because I am constantly changing. I don't know. It's weird, but as far as Free People's clothing goes, it is totally me. I love the business side of it too...the graphics on the site, the app, the store displays, the bags, the playlists in the stores, how as a company, Free People integrates smaller brands to sell their products. I was at the Home Office last week for a day of photo shoots and surprises that I will tell you about soon!

I have never been to a place where I felt as comfortable as I do at that Home Office. It is so strange to me. I could see myself working there tomorrow. I always joke that I'd sleep on their couches in Building 543 if I had to. ;) I hope I get the opportunity to work there...it is my goal and my dream. I feel so lucky that I have a place where I feel like I fit in, and is somewhere where they want me too.

So, I guess where I'm going with this, is that maybe a transformation, even a gradual one, will take you somewhere that maybe you didn't even think of or consider. Just work hard and do your best to ignore the crap people say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

);