Dec 26, 2013

Eclectic Mix

I am very much an introvert, and I get overwhelmed spending too much time with friends and family. There is something very intimate about music. Just you and a song. I have a pretty wide variety of artists I listen to from Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert to those like John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Lissie, and Ingrid Michaelson. Some of my other favorites include Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, and Taylor Swift. I often think of them as friends that go with me everywhere.

 I am the only person I know who still buys actual cds. I have a bunch of friends who buy trendy vinyls, but I have always had a fascination for design and physicality. I like having the actual cd to play on my stereo and I LOVE booklets. I think they are the thing that I look forward to most about getting a new cd. There is also something so electric about the anticipation while biting through the corner of plastic and trying to peel off the damn sticker strip at the top. It is so satisfying to me about seeing a long row of my jewel cases lined up on a shelf. An accomplishment of sorts. Of course, I do buy songs on iTunes, but if I intend on buying an entire album, I will find the physical copy at Target, Barnes and Noble or on Amazon. I don't know, maybe I'm a little dated, but I like what I like!


No comments:

Post a Comment

);